Monday, November 28, 2011

Montessori Shell Basket: Babies 6-12 Months



 
I get frequent inspiration from the blog Sew Liberated Sew Liberated. Amy is a certified Montessori teacher and has a son who is two weeks younger than my daughter. Recently, she mentioned that she had collected a basket of shells for her son to explore. Ever since then, I’ve been on the look-out for non-sharp, non-pointy shells.


I found three perfect ones at my Mama's house. My Grandfather brought them back from the Marshall Islands when he was doing research there in the early 1960's. I love seeing my daughter hold them in her hands and stare at them, it makes me smile every time.


Hopefully, a trip to the beach will be in my future sometime this winter and I can add to our collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...