Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Wedding Vows

 
 

Guess what I found while packing up last night? A copy of my Wedding Vows! It was perfect timing because there is nothing like Moving to bring out the Grouch in everyone. My husband and I have been bickering A LOT during the last week. So, finding my Vows was a good reminder to be extra-kind to each other during this stressful time.


You came into my life unexpectedly and I resisted at first. You promised that all you needed was one chance and you were right. I have learned that you stand behind your promises. Today, I make you the ultimate promise.  I promise to spend the rest of our lives together as your Beloved.

I found inspiration in the Buddhist precepts for my vows.

I promise to wake up each morning with the following intentions.

May I be generous and helpful.
May I be faithful.
May I be patient and forgiving.
May I be energetic and persevering.

As we start our life together as husband and wife, I look forward to us living life with a joint purpose. I look forward to us loving each other and shining together in that love. Let us grow together whenever possible and understand the other's growth when separate from our own. Let us not swerve from the path of our love, devotion, and commitment and friendship with each other. May we both remember to be complementary and peaceful in our thoughts, speech, actions and feelings.

You are my mirror, my journal where I will record my history. you will help me know myself and remember myself. I promise to be your mirror, your journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...