Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kitchen Love






I have been totally disinterested in Kitchen Design for....I'm not sure, but it's been a long time. I love to cook but my eyes just glaze over when I see a Kitchen (maybe because my Mother was a Cabinet-Maker for 20 years and my Step-father has been one for 35 years).

But, now that we are House Hunting....Kitchens are suddenly on my radar.

I used to think white Kitchens were just plain stupid, boring and asking for trouble. I totally didn't get it. I'm not sure what changed. Now, I am on a White Kitchen Kick, specifically a White Kitchen with Open Shelving Kick.

I think the draw is light. All of the houses in our price range are small and, therefore, all of the Kitchens are compact. White paint and some sunlight streaming through the window really does wonders for making a space seem larger.

Maybe I should blame it on this house...






Ever since I saw photos of Protohaus, I've been obsessed with the beauty of a White Kitchen.

I love how the open shelving makes you edit what you keep in your kitchen. No keeping something around that you are not crazy about because your Great-Aunt gave it to you. I'm guessing it would force one to be a bit neater (or is that wishful thinking on my part).


Here is are some Kitchens that are Making My Wheels Turn...




You can tell this is a small space but it feels so airy and cheerful. I'm totally digging those red counters.




apt6


Maybe we should get rid of our current pots and pans and invest in 4 or 5 copper pieces and hang them on the wall. I've always loved the look of copper and we already have a few non-cooking copper pots at our house. I like the look of the pans directly on the wall, as opposed to hanging from large hooks or from a rack.




scottengler5


More Open Shelving. Not sure how well Art above the stove would hold up with some serious cooking. But I think this space is cute (although I would personally de-cluttter it a bit on the counter to make me feel more calm).





I have to laugh at how popular farm sinks have become recently. My parents have one. Of course, they live on an actual farm. I'm liking the look of this kitchen with its butcher block counters and rustic style cabinets.





This may be my favorite one so far! We already have a lot of wood pieces, so this look would be easier to achieve. White bowls and plates can be found at yard sales and thrift stores for cheap. The only thing I would do differently with this kitchen, would be to have butcher block counters that are similar to the shelves. Gorgeousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...