Monday, September 10, 2012

Avocado. Word of the Week.




Word of the Week. Avocado. (More like cav-co...). Dirt, dead (as in the battery is dead), up please, egg, car keys, needle, all done, all gone, undies, scar, plum, spoon, phone, broom, yellow, forehead, eye-brow, chin

Mannerism. Covering face when she knows she has "made a bad choice" (i.e. hitting, kicking, etc...)

Skill. Putting on her velcro Mary Janes all by herself and getting her undies on one leg (getting them on both legs is still too difficult)

Favorite material. Animal cards. I have been putting out on her shelf about 7-8 Animal Kingdom Goosie Cards at a time. She has been having a blast identifying the different animals and watching video clips of each animal to hear the actual sound each one makes.

A few weeks ago, I offered my daughter a piece of chicken. She immediately made a chicken sound and ran to find the chicken card. The smile on her face when she brought the card to me was blinding. I was stunned. I hadn't even been thinking about her animal cards.

Watching this little person start to make all these connections is totally awe-inspiring. It's those moments that help me forget the tantrums and the sleeplessness, the constant interruptions and the long, long days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...