In an attempt to help my daughter develop a bit more patience, we've been baking a lot.
The book, Bring Up Bebe, inspired this burst of baking.
It took a few goes, but now I think I've figured out a recipe that works for us (I combined several recipes I found).
We've been making variations of this Yogurt Cake for about 10 months now.
Blueberry. Cinnamon. Cardamom and Ginger. Apple. Mango. Rosemary and Parmesan. Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Cinnamon and Maple Syrup. Green Tea.
And so easy for this Non-Baker.
Fool-proof, unless you are completely distracted like I was and forgot the Yogurt!
- 2 six-ounce containers of plain Greek Yogurt (use empty Yogurt containers to measure other ingredients)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 container of Sugar or Brown Sugar or Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- just under 1 container of Olive Oil or Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 2 1/2 containers of Brown Rice Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F
2. Use Oil to grease a 9-inch round cake pan or loaf pan
3. Mix the Flour and Baking Powder
4. Add Yogurt, Eggs, Sugar, Vanilla, and Oil
5. Add extras (Berries, etc..).
6. Bake for 35 minutes, then five minutes more if the cake doesn't pass the fork test. Almost crispy on the outside, but springy on the inside.
7. Cool and enjoy!!!