Monday, May 7, 2012

Blueberries Bursting in My Mouth



It's official. This is the best time to visit the Farmers Market. Here in Old Town Alexandria, there were Blueberries, Strawberries, Asparagus, Ramps, and Brussels sprouts. All my favorite foods.

I conducted a taste-test with my husband, comparing the Blueberries he bought at the Grocery Store with the Blueberries I bought at the Farmers Market. (He's not as passionate about eating Local, Seasonal food as I am, although he is coming around...this was a great chance to remind him of the difference). The taste in difference was pretty remarkable.

If you are trying to convince someone about the importance of buying Local food, do a taste-test. Now, is the perfect time!

Saturday night, I ate a pint of strawberries and one whole cantaloupe for dinner. Today's lunch, may be a pint of blueberries. I can't get enough of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...