Friday, May 25, 2012

Papa Bear's 28th Birthday


Papa Bear celebrated his 28th Birthday, yesterday. Like in life, things didn't go as planned.


My present didn't arrive in time.

I didn't have enough time to make two elaborate birthday cards. Instead, I took a blank card and coax my daughter into stamping her hand on the ink pad and then on the card. I wrote above the hand-print "Hive Five Daddy" (she's started enjoying giving high-fives now).  Then on my card, I numbered each finger of her hand-print. Inside, I wrote "Five Things I Admire About You." Nothing spectacular but good-enough.

My kiddo refused to participate in my "Making Art for Daddy" Project. She didn't want to finger-paint, she only wanted to do Water Play. So, I had to come up with a cheap, quick idea to cover the cardboard frame I had cut out. My husband loves poker, so I made a "Playing Carding Picture Frame" using a $2 deck of cards and some Tacky Glue for him to hang up at work. If I wasn't so rushed, I wouldn't have spent more time to come up with an interesting pattern using the cards.


There were lots of other minor annoyances, tears were shed several times, and the Birthday Boy suggested calling off Movie Night at least 3 times. Ups and downs.

But, in the end...he got some presents and cards, the kiddo got some Dada and Dadi time, Mommy and Daddy had a terrific meal at Bonefish Grill, Daddy got to watch the movie he wanted to see, and we shared a delicious cupcake afterwards in our silent, child-free home. Happy Birthday, My Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...