Monday, November 26, 2012

A Helpful Video on Making Beeswax Candles

beeswax candles
beeswax candles (Photo credit: The Year of Mud)
Hurricane Sandy made me realize that beside a few flashlights, my family doesn't have a lot of lighting sources when the power goes out. I am hoping to remedy this situation, over the next few weeks, by making some "Beeswax Candles."

I am always on the look-out for fun and useful crafts to give as Christmas presents. My Mama already has a candle mold, so all I have to do is buy a few pounds of beeswax from a local bee-keeper and hunt down a good source for wicks.

Obviously, this is not a toddler-friendly craft. But, you can't have everything, right?

The video is kinda long at 13 minutes, but it answered all my questions on how to make beeswax tapers. This would be a terrific craft to do with older Elementary and Middle-school students on a rainy or snowy day. Enjoy!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...