Monday, June 9, 2014

Labneh, Herb and Cucumber Tartine.




I haven't tried this recipe, yet. 

But, knock-on-wood, we will eventually be growing almost all of the ingredients for this dish this Summer.

I just finished planting 6 Tomato Plants in new tiny Back-yard and hopefully we will be able to use our own tomatoes for this Tartine

Cucumber, Mint and Cilantro has also been planted.

Labneh is just extra-strained Yogurt. As I have mentioned before, I LOVE making and eating our own homemade Greek Yogurt. So we got that base covered.

If I can get my act together and activate the Sourdough Starter, we could potentially even use our own bread. 

Can't wait to try this one out!


Ingredients


2/3 cup Labneh or Homemade Strained Yogurt

2 slices of Sourdough Bread

1/4 Cucumber (sliced thin and then sliced into matchsticks)

8 Mint leaves

1 tbsp Cilantro

4 Cherry Tomatoes (cut into chunks)

Sea Salt

Pepper



Directions

1. Spread Labneh on Sourdough Bread.

2. Sprinkle with Cucumber, Mint and Cilantro.

3. Divide pieces of Tomatoes between 2 portions.

4. Season with Salt and Pepper.


Serves 2



I found this recipe in my new favorite Cookbook...





I keep you updated, when I finally make this dish. Yay, for Summer-time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...