Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gift Idea: Studio Portrait in Sentimental Outfit

For my father-in-law's 60th Birthday, I already had an elaborate gift planned which would be presented at his Birthday Brunch.  I want wanted to give him something nice on the actual day. I'm more of a candid, natural photo-kind-of-person but he loves studio portraits, so off to Sears we went. They had a deal going on for one person, one pose, in natural colors which fit our needs perfectly. We dressed Lina in a traditional Indian dress that my mother-in-law had brought back from India last winter. The photographer took 12 shots, we chose our favorite and walked out with one charming 8x10. If took about an hour and 15 minutes and we spent $14. All-in-all it was worth the time and effort to see Dada's smile when he opened his present! I'm planning on doing the same for my mother and dressing Lina up in one of my grandfather's gowns. A gift any grandparent would appreciate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...