Monday, December 16, 2013

Gifts to Make. Infused Vodka.





What's a terrific adult present for that person who has EVERYTHING? A beautiful bottle of Infused Vodka.

(Thanks Elyse for the inspiration)!

Papa Bear and I experimented making several flavors this Summer. We both really like the taste of the "Lemon Verbena and Cinnamon Infused Vodka." With our first batch, we kept the Cinnamon Sticks in for 3 days (3 sticks in a large Ball Jar) and I think that was a little bit too long. I think two days is perfect.

We also have also made some Lemon Balm and Black Tea Infused Vodka. I love Black Tea, so this one was my favorite.

I'm thinking of making a "Cranberry and Lime Infused Rum" and maybe adding a little Black Tea. For Thanksgiving, my Mama always makes a Cranberry Punch with some Black Tea. A little Rum to it always takes it up a notch. 

Cranberries, Lime, Black Tea and Rum...sounds like a perfect combination to me. I've read that when infusing with Cranberries, the longer they sit the sweeter the drink. At least a week, maybe two. I better get cracking!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...