Bath tubs. I love 'em.
Especially in the Winter, when you are can't take the Kiddos outside for hours at a time. They are particularly great for making and containing Creative Messes!!!
I wanted Anala Bears to be able to participate SOMEHOW in our Valentine Makin' Fun this year. But, I didn't want to deal with the crumbly finished product that Nye-Nye made when she was 11 months.
So, this is what I came up with and whoa....was it a hit with BOTH girls!
- Hearts cut from good quality watercolor paper
- Large container
- Yogurt cups
- Food Dye or some Color Bath Dropz (non-toxic)
- Add water and Food Dye or Color Bath Dropz to the yogurt cups (add about an inch).
- Cut Hearts to size (remember not to cut them too big, if you are planning on mailing them...I've made that mistakes SEVERAL times).
- Put Kiddos in an empty tub.
- Give them a container with a Heart (or two) and the Colored Ice Block (these are small enough for little hands to hold BUT NOT TOO LARGE TO BE A CHOKING HAZARD LIKE ICE CUBES).
- Keep taking out the finished Hearts and giving them new ones.
- When finished put on the Shower and watch all the colors drain away.
This can take as little or as much time as you would like. You can have some pretty Valentines in about 5 minutes of the Kiddos working. This was one of the least stressful Art Projects I've done with Nye-Nye in awhile. The biggest stressor was worrying about the baby falling in the tub. But, clean-up was such a breeze.
Cutting out the Hearts takes the most time, but well worth it my opinion.
I love how pretty Anala Bear's First Valentines turned out! This was her first Art Project, so I am very excited.
Hope this inspires you!