Tuesday, June 11, 2013

For Post-Partum Mamas. Lemon Balm Tea.



According to Susun S. Weed, "Considered a specific for helping one cope with life situations that are difficult to accept, such as the many unexpected changes a new child brings to its parents, Melissa is an old favorite for depression, melancholy, and hysteria. One or two cups of the good tasting infusion, mellowed with milk and honey, every day for a week or two will suffice."

When I remember, I brew myself some "Lemon Balm Tea" and I'll often add some Nettle and Peppermint or maybe even some Catnip. The last few weeks have been tough adjusting to having an active toddler and a newborn. I can use all the help I can get, including a little boost from some Lemon Balm. Like it's name, it tastes mildly of lemons. Yummy.

Lemon Balm is part of the mint family and grows like crazy. (In fact, my Mother's Rock Garden is in danger of being taken over by it). If you are pregnant or are already a Mama, think about planting this pleasant-tasting, easy-growing herb in your garden. Then, you can have this refreshing Little-Pick-Me-Up whenever you need.

Here is an earlier post on how to make an infusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...