Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Month of Courage: The Innermost House




I have always been intrigued by those long-ago crazy mystics who lived by themselves on top of a mountaintop for twenty-years. I recently came upon this couple who seem to have the Modern-Day-Mystic-Thing down and I am in awe.

They reside in one of the most exquisite houses I have ever seen; many of the photos of the interior of their house look like a painting. Diana has a blog where she explains her intentions.  Their intense life-style is not for everyone (especially those with small children). But I have deep respect for those who live their lives authentically and when you read Diana's writing you realize that is exactly what they are doing.






Who inspires me?
Diana from the Innermost House

What has she done that I find courageous?
Diana and her husband have whittled down their existence to living in a tiny, perfect home of only 144 square feet. They read by candlelight, eat salads and stews cooked over coals in their fireplace and spend their days in conversation. They take sponge baths, have no refrigerator and have people clamoring to join their discussions. Everything is done with great intention.

Where can you find out more?
 Innermost House. You definitely want to drool over more photos of the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...