|Raw Almonds (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
This time, I've had the most mild sensations that I really should even call heartburn. I've felt real heartburn before and it's no party.
Here are some remedies from the well-known herbalist, Susun B. Weed.
1. Eat frequently. Avoid giant meals...eat 6-8 small meals. Stash some raw almonds in your purse or at work and nibble on them throughout the day.
2. Don't drink while eating. Gulp down all that lovely water BETWEEN meals. If you need to sip on water while you eat, add some lemon to your drink to aid digestion.
3. Notice what aggravates your heartburn. Some women can't handle greasy or spicy food during pregnancy.
4. Drink Anise or Fennel Seed Tea between meals.
5. Eat some dried papaya after meals (papaya contains some helpful digestive enzymes).
6. Slippery Elm lozenges (most Health Food Stores carry them to help with sore throats but they help heartburn as well).