Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Making Valentines With An Older Baby







This was the first real Art Project I attempted with my daughter. (She was 11 months old at the time). She painted hearts that I had cut out of some of my old prints and taped to small pieces of card-board.

I use the word "painted" lightly. Mostly, she had fun dumping the bowls all over herself and the card-board. It was an awesome sensory experience for her.




I made the paint out of corn starch, water and food dye, which meant is was safe for her to put in her mouth. Just make sure you stir cold water and cornstarch vigourously together immediately to prevent lumps. I got the recipe from First Art : Art Experiences for Toddlers and Twos




When the paint dried it cracked and crumbled a lot on the paper and fell off in spots. I ended up making copies of the original hearts and sent those out instead.

Doing this project in the bath-tub is key. It makes clean-up, so much easier! Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...