Monday, February 18, 2013

Cocoon Time Method Program. My Valentine's Day/Birthday Day Present.



I am really looking forward to the present Papa Bear gave me for my Birthday/Valentine's Day. It's a teleseminar called Cocoon Time Method. It's a class that helps you prepare for a healing, restful, enjoyable post-partum time.

Haven't I already gone through this once? What else do I need to learn?

Yes, it's true this is my second pregnancy, but the first go-around was different. We were living with my in-laws and my mother-in-law had just retired, so she was home with me all day. We didn't have to worry about meals or cleaning the house. Every night, my in-laws took our daughter for an hour or two, so we could have some time together and rest.

Now, we have our own home and an energetic toddler to boot!

There was also the fact that my daughter spent the first 16 days of her life in the NICU, recovering from Meconium Aspiration Syndrome. The first two weeks (when my body was pretty banged up) were not spent at home. I wasn't prepared for how painful and how long my recovery took.

This time around, I want to be more prepared.

The Cocoon Time Method Teleseminar is broken down into four parts including: Building Your Nest, What to Eat During Cocoon Time, Support, Self-Care, & Self-Awareness, and Partnering through Parenthood.

Each recorded coaching sessions includes numerous worksheets (including: a cookbook, a grocery list, ideas for help with food prep, checklists for emotional and physical self-care, checklists for essentials we'll want in our house, ways of clearing out "clutter," handouts about cultivating support during our Cocoon Time and ways to prepare the most important places in our house for a smooth transition).

Laura Thompson Brady is a Pregnancy, Birthing, and Mama Wellness Coach and her "mission is to help every pregnant woman on the planet not only experience a powerfully peaceful birth but also enjoy a COCOON TIME that is defined by connection, support, rest, rejuvenation, recovery, bonding, time to grapple with what it means to be a Mom, and deeply felt love."

Pregnant Mamas (especially first-time Mamas) often spent much of their pregnancy researching and planning their baby's nursery, trying to figure out all the things you need for a baby's first year and preparing for birth. Usually not a little time is spent learning how to take care of your newborn and creating a post-partum plan.

The more rest and sleep a New Mama gets, the less likely she is to develop post-partum depression. I've been getting concerned about me developing post-partum depression because I have been feeling some mild feelings of depression this pregnancy. I want to do everything I can to prevent this from happening and am looking forward to getting lots of new ideas for my post-partum plan.

I meant to post some information about the class BEFORE the Early-Bird special ended, but that didn't happen.  If you are interested, the program runs from February 26  to March 19, more information can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...