Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Latest Project. Wool Diaper Covers.

 

I can't knit. I barely know how to sew. But, I've been drawn to making some "wool diaper covers", also known an "wool soakers" before our second daughter arrives. I found this awesome tutorial.

On Monday, Nye-Nye and I spent about 45 minutes touching hundreds of sweaters at our local thrift store, attempting to find sweaters made of 100% wool. Finding some appropriate sweaters took A LOT longer than I thought it would. I ended up spending about $3-4 on each sweater. Way better than $40+ on a wool diaper cover from a store. I love this idea!!!

Last night, I washed and dried the sweaters in pillow-cases (to save our machines). It's amazing how much they've shrunk and felted up. My husband called it a "cool science project."

I'll keep you updated, as my project progresses. My plan is to make at least one of them by the end of the month. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...