Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Queen for the Day

 
 
 
 
 



 
 
Today, I am Queen for the Day. Today, I turn 34.


I grew up in a blended family of 6 kids, where Birthdays WERE A BIG DEAL; each Birthday was a time when every child in my family was made to feel extra special.

How am I going to make myself feel extra special today?


I am going to go for a swim.

I am going to work on a painting.

I am going to eat Cerignola olives.

I am going to meditate.

I am going to dance to J. Roddy Walston and The Business.

I am going to try some Henna Belly Art on myself. *

I am going to take some self-portraits. **

I am going to go for a walk along the Potomac and look for driftwood. ***

I am going to take a nap.

I am going to eat some Alaskan Crab Legs.

I am going to take a yoga class.

I am going to do a Belly Cast with some help from my husband.


Looking forward to a day full of lots of Self-Love!

Many thanks to my Mama for doing the hard work of bringing me into this World in the middle of a Blizzard, 34 years ago. And, also many thanks to my Mama for watching my darling daughter, so I can spend the day savoring my favorite things.


* I actually did this Sunday night. It was one of the things I really wanted to do this pregnancy and never got around to do during my first pregnancy.

** I already did this Monday afternoon. One of my intentions this go-around was to celebrate my body more by taking more photos.

*** If the weather cooperates and it stops raining.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...