Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Husband's Wedding Vows



Today, is the last day of my Month of Love. I thought it would be nice to end with sharing my husband's Wedding Vows. You can find my Wedding Vows here.





I have so much to say but so little time. These Vows on this paper are my Promise to you, but I can never write how much you mean to me on a single piece of paper.

I decided to start with the first day we met. As I recall, we met at Raj and Erin's party at about 1:30 am and my pick-up line was I am "6'2, 220 pounds with a rocket laser arm." A line that I stole from a Peyton Manning commercial. Then, I proceeded to have a dance off to win a date with you. And, a few dates and dinners and many dance-offs, later...

I am standing here getting married to the most wonderful person I have ever met.

So, when I decided to writes these vows, I had a few things in mind. First, I though about what makes "us" us. And, I though about our differences. We may be the two most different people in the whole world.


You like Art, English, Reading, History
I like Business, Math and Finance

You like Ballets and Art Shows
I like Football

You like to walk
I like to sit

You like reading books
I like reading reading business proposals

I like Hot 99.5 and you hate it

You kinda like the Lion King
I think it's the best movie ever made

You are White
I am Brown

You are from Maryland
I am from Virginia

But, when I think of our differences, it really makes us closer. You have opened my eyes to so many things and I am so grateful for everything you have showed me. The most exciting part of our relationship is that our differences give us a chance to learn about one another and that every day, I know I will learn something new. I will never be bored because you are so passionate about life and you show it every moment.

Second, I thought about our similarities. And, I thought about how we love to cook and dance and then, I thought about our Core Values. That's what made me fall in love with you. Our Loyalty, our Compromise, Our Understanding, Our Hope, Our Forgiveness, Our Kindness, Our Open-ness, Our Laughter, Our Love and most importantly, our Friendship.

Friendship to me is one of the most important things that I have to offer you. Today, I stand here and let you know that you are my best friend for life. I want you to know that I promise to love you, I promise to take care of you, I promise to be a great partner and father. And, most importantly, I promise to be your friend. I could not be happier to marry my best friend. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...