Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Started to Feel Sick, So I....

Elderberry Wine
Elderberry Wine (Photo credit: Liamfm .)
 I woke up on Sunday with a little tickle in the back of my throat. My nose starting running ever so slightly and I started getting a tiny cough.

I think it's so very important to be in touch with your body. And, one of the reasons is to be able to identify when you first start coming down with a cold. I can't tell you how many times I have been able to stop a cold in it's tracks because I immediately went into action.

What did I do Sunday?



I started drinking ginger tea.

I took some probiotics.

Acupuncture. (the soon, the better...check out The People's Organization of Community Acupuncture for an Community Clinic near you). If acupuncture isn't an option, why not try some acupressure? I had a cough, so I targeted Lu 5, St 40, as well as the usual points of LI 11, St 36, Lu 7 and Liv 3.

Lots and lots of water. Every hour or two, I filled up a Mason Jar most of the way full and added 2 teaspoons of Elderberry Syrup and a teaspoon of my home-made Echinacea Root Tincture.


Was is a lot of effort? Yes, but getting sick is even more work. I continued drinking lots of water with Elderberry and Echinacea on Monday. And, today I feel fine.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...