|father's day chocolate cake (Photo credit: freakgirl)|
So, what better way to celebrate the Birth of my second child, than to eat the Perfect Chocolate Cake? I think all New Mamas deserve some Cake, after giving Birth.
I got this recipe for a "Perfect Chocolate Cake" from the book, The Chocolate Cake Sutra: Ingredients for a Sweet Life, by my favorite Buddhist writer, Geri Larkin. I haven't tried it, yet. But, it sounds easy and it sounds good.
6 tablespoons of Baking Cocoa
1 cup of White Sugar
1 2/3 cup of Self-Rising Flour
a pinch of Salt
8 oz (2 sticks) of Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease 2 eight-inch layer cake pans.
3. Cream Butter and Sugar together.
4. Add Salt and well-beaten Eggs.
5. Add Baking Cocoa and Self-Rising Flour (through a sieve, if you have one).
6. Pour Cake Batter into the pans and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean). Don't overcook.
7. For Frosting...melt a stick of Butter, add as much Powdered Sugar as it takes to look like Frosting (drop a few teaspoons of Milk in, if you overdo the Sugar). Add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla to the Frosting. Let the cake cool before you add the Frosting.
8. Dive in.
Yum, yum and yum. I am getting hungry just thinking about this Cake. Oh, yeah...I can't guarantee how good this Cake will be, but I can tell you the book is a good read. Enjoy!