Friday, May 3, 2013

A Birth Day Cake

father's day chocolate cake
father's day chocolate cake (Photo credit: freakgirl)
If I go to a restaurant and I see a Chocolate Cake on the dessert menu...you better believe I am getting it. It's one of the things in this World that is guaranteed to bring me much Joy.

So, what better way to celebrate the Birth of my second child, than to eat the Perfect Chocolate Cake? I think all New Mamas deserve some Cake, after giving Birth.

I got this recipe for a "Perfect Chocolate Cake" from the book, The Chocolate Cake Sutra: Ingredients for a Sweet Life, by my favorite Buddhist writer, Geri Larkin. I haven't tried it, yet. But, it sounds easy and it sounds good.

Ingredients:

6 tablespoons of Baking Cocoa
1 cup of White Sugar
4 Eggs
1 2/3 cup of Self-Rising Flour
a pinch of Salt
8 oz (2 sticks) of Butter


1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Grease 2 eight-inch layer cake pans.

3. Cream Butter and Sugar together.

4. Add Salt and well-beaten Eggs.

5. Add Baking Cocoa and Self-Rising Flour (through a sieve, if you have one).

6. Pour Cake Batter into the pans and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean). Don't overcook.

7. For Frosting...melt a stick of Butter, add as much Powdered Sugar as it takes to look like Frosting (drop a few teaspoons of Milk in, if you overdo the Sugar). Add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla to the Frosting. Let the cake cool before you add the Frosting.

8. Dive in.

Yum, yum and yum. I am getting hungry just thinking about this Cake. Oh, yeah...I can't guarantee how good this Cake will be, but I can tell you the book is a good read. Enjoy!




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...