Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sadness and an Unexpected Surprise From Auntie Julie

Things have been somber around our house these last few days. On Thursday morning, my husband found out that one of his friends had died of a heart attack at the age of 25. George was 10 years old when my husband first met him. One of my husband's first jobs was working at George's Mother's Florist Shop. There's a lot of history there.

I look at my brand-new baby and think of Mrs. B's indescribable loss and I weep.

We have been looking extra-hard for things that make us smile.

Friday night we found one.

I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Worm Bin. On Friday, I large box arrived at our house. While my husband was making dinner, Nye-Nye and I took the box outside to open it and set up the Worm Bin.

Only when I opened the box, I discovered it was actually full of presents from Auntie Julie sent all the way from Colorado. What a much needed surprise!!!

Here are some videos of Nye-Nye opening her lovely presents.

Thanks so much Auntie Julie for your so very sweet and thoughtful (and perfectly timed) presents! Nye-Nye has already taken to snuggling with Baby Sister Bunny during Nap-time.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...