Friday, May 10, 2013

Post-Partum Massage. Joy. Joy. Joy.

 

On Wednesday, four days after I gave birth to our new Little Love, I had a "Post-partum Massage"... so Heavenly.

I had spent some time trying to find a Massage Therapist in Northern Virginia who was trained in Post-Partum Massage and made house-calls.  No success. There are tons of folks who give Pre-natal Massages, but very few seem to specialize in AFTER a woman has given Birth. Of those few folks, none appear to come to you.

I REALLY wanted someone to come to the house since I wasn't thrilled about the thought of putting my Post-Partum bottom in a car for a long drive.

Luckily for me, Holistic Touch in Old Town Alexandria is only 4 miles from my house. One of the Massage Therapists at Holistic Touch, Ginger, is trained in Post-partum Massage. She was fantastic.

She charged $90 for an hour Massage - a spurge I was glad to make.

Ginger had a special table for pregnant bellies (or recently pregnant bellies). For an extra $10, she created a speciality massage oil blend for me, which included the following essential oils: Clary Sage, Lemongrass, Lavender and Bergamot. I got to keep the remainder of the oil.

I told her how I used Clary Sage during my Labor to help manage my pain. She told me how she had completely forgotten to use any Essentials Oils during her two Births.

I was in a chatty mood, so we swapped Birth Stories. The room was nice and toasty and completely comforting. It felt so amazing to have all my over-worked muscles pampered.

Giving Birth will probably be the biggest physical feat you will ever accomplish, so be extra good to yourself and get a Massage afterwards. It's worth every penny, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. The post offers veгіfied hеlpful to mysеlf.
    It’s гeallу educatiοnal anԁ you're obviously very educated in this region. You have got exposed my own eyes in order to various thoughts about this particular subject matter along with intriguing, notable and strong content.....Post Natal Massage

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...