When I wrote out my intentions for March, I purposefully kept those bad-boys brief. I knew I was going to running around preparing for a birthday party that kinda ended up being like an intimate DIY wedding (aka...a lot of work).
First things, first.
Here are the Things that I Let Slide...
- Add monthly photos to the Christmas calendar I'm making (I picked a few photos but didn't download them to Shutterfly)
- Watch the Trauma Release Exercises at least once a week (I didn't even try, all my free time was spent working on the Party)
- Paint Lina's rocker as a Birthday present (not enough time)
- Go to at least one Ballet class at the new studio that just opened down the street (ran out of time)
- Keep writing weekly in Lina's Baby Book
- Celebrate surviving the 1st Year by buying a pretty dress (VERY happy with what I found)
- Plan garden (still not finalized but I have a better idea now)
- Create Lina's Monthly Book of Letters and Photos (YES!!!!)
- Organize Birthday Time Capsule (post coming on this one...it turned out well)
- Go to a Community Acupuncture Class at least once (Yup and I took my Mama)
- Go with my Sissy to her Pin-Up Photo Shoot (I wrote about it here)
- Plan Lina's First Birthday Party (this was the big one this month...thankfully, it all came together)
- Bake cupcakes on her actual Birthday (I wrote out the recipe here)
- Celebrate with Friends and Family (YES...both her actual Birthday and the Party were wonderful in their own ways)
- Take Lina swimming once (she wasn't thrilled but I think it had to do with the giant life preserver her Grandfather put on her)
- Take Lina on a hike at least once (she had a blast at Cunningham Falls, photos are here)
Bye-Bye...March....Can't wait to see what you bring us, Ms. April!!!