Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Best Spring Cleaning Advice EVER




I just stumbled across this lovely quote by William Morris,


"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." ***


I think it's a perfect Spring Cleaning Mantra.

It's so easy to buy something because it's on sale and you kinda like it. I know I have things hanging in my closest that look okay on me. They are there because I coudn't resist the price. And they have hung there, unworn because they just looked okay.

This "Spring Cleaning Mantra" has inspired me to look around my apartment with new eyes. What is just taking up space? Have I actually used it over the last 7 months? Do I find it beautiful? I think I might actually be excited about Spring Cleaning this year.


***William Morris' name sounded familiar when I read this quote, I just couldn't place him. Wikipedia has an exceptionally nice article on his life. His life sounds fascinating, I may just have to get this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...