Monday, March 3, 2014

Snow Jewels.




It's still snowing. When it stops, we'll try these puppies out.

Giant Snow Jewels.

They look much prettier in real life. Can't wait to see what Nye-Nye's reaction will be to them.

Making them was easy. I just filled up balloons with water and some food dye and then put them in the freezer.

I put them in over-night, but you only need 5 or 6 hours for them to freeze.

Then, all that is left to do is cut a small hole in the balloon and peel it off.

And, enjoy!




Here are some Tips (I learned the hard way)...


1. Put food dye in FIRST. I attempted to fill up the 11 inch balloons with water, before I put in the dye. The water just sprayed about and the balloon deflated.

2. Use a bathroom faucet to fill them. It's been way too long, since I've made water balloons. You need to make a seal and my kitchen faucet just wasn't cutting it.

3. Remember they will freeze however you lay them down. Whoops...space is at a premium in our freezer, so I squeezed two of them in an awkward spot. When they were frozen, I couldn't get them out. Papa Bear had to work really hard to yank them out of the door shelf.

4. Be careful peeling over the balloons, your hands will get messy. The food dye dyed my hands, which wasn't a big deal. But, if it is for you, I should recommend you wear gloves.



I was inspired by the wonderful Growing a Jeweled Rose's Post on Snow Jewels. 

Looking forward to putting them into action!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...