Friday, February 24, 2012

I Love....Goodwill

I have mentioned before my deep love of yards and thrift stores. Two weeks ago, I went looking for materials to make a few cakes stands for Lina's First Birthday. I found what I wanted and then some...


Here are two wooden candlesticks, I found for $2 each. I have two wooden plates which I'm going to glue them to and make two cake stands. Much better than the $60 cake stands I saw at Pottery Barn last week!



I got this book for $1...it seriously rocks! I had never heard of this series before but they are great, interactive restaurant companions. You can find this particular book here.




Obviously, it was a success.




This is Lina's favorite page. I think she has a thing about mice. Maybe her first stuffed animal shouldn't have been Papa Rat.





This book was also $1. I couldn't resist a book about growing up in the country, now could I?




This statement is true. True of me and true of my daughter.




Here is a funny little book I found about nursing. At first glance, I thought it was a homemade board book because the photos look so unprofessional and grainy. But, no...it's actually one of the few board books which depict a toddler nursing. The idea is sweet - the execution definitely needs some work. It cost me a $1, so I won't complain.






Lina adores carrying her toys in a basket with a handle. Can't beat the price.



Needs some polish. But, I am always on the look-out for little trays for Montessori materials.




Also needs a little bit of love.



At $1.50, I couldn't resist this sweater for Valentine's Day.


I walked away from my little Adventure very, very happy with my Luck. What was your best thrift store or yard sale find?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...