Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Local Venues: Lyon Park and Historic Blenheim



Over the last several weeks, I have been on the hunt. As I wrote here, I'm been trying to locate a place to hold my daughter's first birthday party. Why not at our home, you ask? With just our family and very close friends we are looking at inviting 60 people bare minimum. Our apartment can accommodate around 8.

Her birthday is in the end of March, which here in the Mid-Atlantic region, is never a sure bet weather-wise. So, holding the party at a park won't work. The good thing about having invested MANY hours researching, emailing and calling folks is that now I have plenty of ideas for future birthday party locations. Plus, I plan on sharing some of that information with you.

On Saturday, the three of us visited Lyon Park Community House in Arlington, VA. It was my top choice from the photos. Children's birthday parties only cost $175 for non-residents, which is one best deals I could find. The size was great and I loved how there was a large play-ground sharing the park. Unfortunately, it seemed kind of run-down and smelled not so great. I was disappointed, I'm not going to lie.











Our second stop of the day was the Civil War Interpretive Center at Historic Blenheim. I will admit to having been underwhelmed by the few photos I had seen before our visit. Wow. My photos don't do it justice. But the room is full of light and wood and is plenty big. The grounds are interesting. The veranda is charming and would be very nice if the weather is warm. And for $60 an hour, you can't get much better than that in this area. I'm smitten. Papa Bear, you were right.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...