Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Love....Sage Tea





One of my favorite herbs is sage. There is nothing better than a cup of warm sage tea. I woke up with a sore throat this morning and typically sage is my "go to" plant when I'm feeling a tickle in my throat.

Unfortunately, sage is not recommended for pregnant or nursing mothers, so I haven't been able to use it for last 20 months. When I do begin the process of weaning my daughter, I will be making up for lost time and drinking lots of sage tea to help dry up my milk!

I could use it as a gargle but I didn't harvest any sage last summer...instead I am gargling with salt water. If I don't grow a particular herb, I often buy bulk herbs from Mountain Rose Herbs. They discuss the benefits of sage...here.

The good thing about developing a cold is that I've been inspired to start planning my herb garden. I'm so excited because I missed out on gardening over the last two years. This year I'm hoping to participate in one of City of Alexandria's Community Gardens. Are you planning a garden this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...