|Tomato sauce (Photo credit: Aelle)|
I then glanced over to the shelf and noticed some Orzo. My husband then reminded me that we had very small amount of Lamb left over from Christmas dinner. It wasn't enough to feed one person, yet alone two (and 1/2...the 1/2 being our toddler). We had a few leaves left of Kale and a jar of Tomato Sauce. Bam. Inspiration struck.
I thought of the Kale, he added the Tomato Sauce. It was fast, easy and so, so good! Cheers to Teamwork...in and out of the kitchen!!!
Cooked Lamb (about 1 cup minced)
Orzo (about 8 oz)
Kale (about 3 leaves)
Tomato Sauce (1/2 a jar)
Spices of Your Choice
1. Cook Orzo for 9 minutes or whatever your directions say.
2. While the Orzo is cooking, mince up your Lamb and cut your Kale.
3. Two minutes before your Orzo is finished throw in the Kale.
4. Drain the water from the Orzo and Kale.
5. Put Orzo and Kale back into the pot and add the Tomato Sauce. Reheat. Add whatever Spices float your boat. Enjoy!
This "15 minute meal" was a hit with all three of us. Our 21 month old, ended up eating an entire bowl of this for dinner and for lunch the next day. Can't wait until we have some more left over Lamb!!!