Friday, January 25, 2013

Homemade Bathtime Paint


I haven't been doing many Art Projects with my toddler since making Valentines with her last year. Honestly, she's still has a tendency to put chalk and crayons in her mouth and has turned up her nose at several projects I've introduced, so I haven't been pushing much Art Making.
 
With this recent cold spell, we've been spending our days indoors. I decided to introduce some sensory baths to give her something new to do. I love the idea of letting her get nice and dirty and then being able to immediately wash everything off without having to go anywhere.
 
I squirted some organic baby bubble bath in some clean yogurt cups, mixed in some cornmeal and added a few drops of food coloring. Nothing original, but super easy and quick. I figured most of the paint would not be going in her mouth, so the food dye was okay.
 
I filled an paint palette with the paint and threw in some old brushes and sponges. She sat in the bathtub with no water in it for 45 minutes completely engrossed in painting herself and the tub. Then, I slowly added the water and she stayed for another 45 minutes. Success!!!
 
This is a terrific Middle-of-the-Day-You-are-so-Getting-on-my-Nerves Kind of Day Activity.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...