Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Making Sense of the Senses

beautiful butterfly
beautiful butterfly (Photo credit: Amy Berry)
Our eyes are for looking at things,
But they are also for crying
When we are very happy or very sad.
Our ears are for listening,
But so are our hearts.
Our noses are for smelling food,
But also the wind and the grass and
If we try very hard, butterflies.
Our hands are for feeling,
But also for hugging and touching so gently.
Our mouths and tongues are for tasting,
But also for saying words, like
"I love you," and
"Thank You, God, for all of these things."


                            - Mattie Stepanek, April 1995, age 4



I am just in awe of Mattie writing such beautiful words at such a young age. Four years old. Incredible. His story is one of the most inspiring I have ever read and helps me through those whiny, self-pitying moments.  Here is the post, I wrote earlier this month about him. He is one of my Heroes.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...