Monday, January 14, 2013

Our Rumpus Room

Playground clock
Playground clock (Photo credit: yooperann)
I've tried really hard to limit the amount of plastic crap that comes into our house. But, recently, I made an exception....a rather large exception.

My in-laws asked us in November what they should get the Kiddo for Christmas. I tried to think of something that would bring my daughter hours of enjoyment during those long, endless Winter Days. Originally, I was thinking about a light-box. Then, I was honest with myself. What does my daughter love to do? As sad as it makes my Inner-Artist, making art is not high on her list of things to do. What is? Dancing, running around and being physically active.

That's when I had an Idea. Why not turn our unused Den into a Rumpus Room? Why not bring a Child's Playset inside? Who says they can only be used Outdoors? So, that's what we did. We asked my in-law's to buy a large hunk of over-priced plastic crap to help our child burn off some of her energy.

It has been a challenge occupying her during the Winter because she's definitely a Night-Owl. Her usual schedule is 8:30am-9:30pm, so there are many hours left in our day when all the cool kids' places are closed, she is still ready for action and going outside is not an option.

I am proud to say we FINALLY cleaned up the storage boxes enough to set up the Playset. There are still tons of boxes around the edges of the room but there is plenty room for her to slide down her TWO slides without running into anything. It's good enough. Sometimes that's all you can do.

I am happy to report....Our Rumpus Room is a hit! Nye-Nye is in love. And, I am so in love with the fact that we now have a way for her to be active after the Sun says Good-Night.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...