Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy Mountain Day!




Today was "Mountain Day" at Mount Holyoke College (my Alma Mater).

Students wake up to the sound of the school's chapel belling continuously ringing. School is canceled for the day and everybody heads out to hike or enjoy themselves somehow in the glorious Sun.

You never know when it's going to happen. It's like a Snow Day from school but when the weather is still perfectly warm. It's one of my favorite Mt. Holyoke traditions.

I lucked out today because one of my favorite people in the World was visiting. The weather was gorgeous down here in Northern Virginia as well as in Massachusetts, so we ended up unintentionally having our own Mountain Day.

We sat out in the Back-yard in the Morning, where Bright Eyes made us giggle.




And, after Lunch, Crissy and the girls and I went to River Farm (one of my favorite local spots). We ignored the last of the pesky mosquitoes and watched Nye-Nye explore the Children's Garden. It felt so good to soak up the last gasp of Summer.

It was a good day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...