Friday, November 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Mommy!

 

 

Happy Birthday to my Mama! She's the original Catoctin Mountain Mama (and unlike myself, actually still lives at the foothills of the Catoctin Mountains).

Dearest Mommy,

Thanks for teaching me how to be Resourceful and Adaptable. You have instilled in me a confidence in myself and my ability to always land on my feet that is priceless.

Thanks for supporting my Creativity and for all the countless brain-storming sessions.

Thanks for instilling in me a deep, deep love of Learning and a Curiosity that makes life so very, very interesting.

Thanks for showing me how to have fun with little (or no) money.

Thanks for growing most of our food growing up, giving us all those chores on the Farm and for locking us out of the house on Snow Days. Because of all those experiences, I have a deep love of Nature.

You gave me the most magical Child-hood and my dearest hopes is to do the same for my girls.

Thanks for fiercely loving my girls and being willing to listen to all boring minute details of their eating and sleeping habits. Stuff only a Grand-mother would find interesting. Thanks for modeling to me the deep wells of Patience required to be a Mama. Thanks for being silly with my Eldest and for singing to by Youngest. You make the most phenomenal Grand-mother! We are all so very, very lucky to have you in our lives.

All our Love,

Your Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...