Friday, November 8, 2013

Fermented Green Tomatoes. Gratitude Month.



I've been interested in the "Health Benefits of Fermented Foods" for a long time. Unfortunately, I don't like the taste of Sauerkraut and Kim-chi is way too spicy for me.

But you know what? There are TONS of foods you can ferment.

Like Green Tomatoes.

Last week, I picked the last of our Green Tomatoes from the several amazing volunteer Tomato Plants growing in our Compost Heap. Those babies were tough. Those babies were little miracles.

Because you know what? I never watered them. Not once all Summer. 





So, what am I Grateful for today?

Those Volunteer Tomato Plants. Thanks for bearing such lovely fruit for us!


I am hoping my "Fermented Green Tomatoes" will turn out. Supposedly, they will taste a bit like Green Olives. I'll keep you posted.

If you are interested in learning more about the process of Fermenting Green Tomatoes, I read the following posts: this, this and this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...