Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Basket Overflowing with Rosemary




It's that time of year. Harvesting, harvesting and more harvesting. While visiting my Mama this past weekend, I asked if I could trim back her ONE Rosemary Bush.

I am out of the Rosemary Oil I made earlier and wanted to make some more. I also wanted to dry Rosemary to put in a Post-Partum Herbal Sitz Bath Blend I plan on giving to some Pregnant Mamas I know.

Can you believe this is all from one plant?

Amazing.




I am making a Cold-Infused Herbal Oil this time. I will let the jar sit for 6 weeks in a cool, dark place and keep adding Olive Oil to the very top of the jar. No sun!

In the past, I sometimes have gotten lazy about checking my Oils. A few have spoiled because the plant material absorbed some of the Oil and I didn't refill the jar. If some plant material is sticking out above the Oil, you may end up having mold grow on it. So learn from my mistakes!

Check your jars frequently and keep adding more oil as it's absorbed. Before you know it, you'll have some lovely Infused Oil you can use alone or making into a Salve. Good-luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...