Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly from My Solitary Adventure



I am back from My Solitary Adventure to Charlottesville, VA. Here is the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly from my trip.

The Good: I learned lots of tips to help me refine my herbal preparations. I was able to suss out the teaching style of Kathleen, the founder of Sacred Plant Traditions. I found tons of design inspiration in Kathleen's lovely garden. I met lots of interesting folks who are all fascinated by herbs. The hostel hosts at The Alexander House Inn and Hostel were very kind, warm and helpful. The Bunkhouse was clean, pleasant and cheap. Charlottesville was charming. I had a nice, long chat with an Irish fellow doing PhD research comparing an American slave-owner to an Irish land-owner. I have some more ideas of herbs to treat my migraines.

The Bad: The heat brought on a migraine during the second of of classes (being alone and away from home when having a migraine is not so good). I had to spend a second night at the hostel listening to two, young women with very posh British accents gossip about Facebook for hours. I missed out on touring Monticello.

The Ugly: Throwing up in a toilet other than your own can be pretty ugly.

Overall, the trip was a success (despite the migraine). I can't wait to share with you some of the things I learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...