Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Boo-Boo.

Aloe vera plant
Aloe vera plant (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
A new word of the day. Boo-boo. This morning the kiddo woke up and immediately began saying boo-boo and pointing to the small tin of Calendula Salve. We have been putting the salve on a small burn on her wrist.

Every time I see that burn, I feel guilty. Earlier last week, she was helping me make scrambled eggs by tossing spinach, asparagus and cheese in the eggs - I thought she was far enough from the heat. Nope. Mama Fail.

Her hand got too close to the edge of the pan and she said, "hot" and looked startled. There was no mark, so I thought she was fine.

When the burn became visible, I felt terrible. I ran to my trusty Aloe Plant and broke off a small piece. EVERYONE should have a little Aloe plant growing in the window-sill. I applied Aloe to the burn and kept putting it on every several hours for the first few days. And then the Calendula Salve for the last 4 or 5 days. It's healing up very nicely.

I think we both will be much more careful in the kitchen. She definitely now understands the concept of hot! Hopefully, this new knowledge with prevent any more serious accidents with heat.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...