Monday, April 22, 2013

An Easy Recipe for Making Bath-time Paint

 

After introducing my Toddler to the joys of painting oneself in the Bath-tub a few months ago, it quickly became one of her favorite activities.

I usually help her into the empty Bath-tub and give her several yogurt cups full of paint, several spoons and different size paint-brushes. She'll immediately become engrossed in covering her entire body with the paint. After 10 minutes or so, she will often ask for me to turn on the water. I'll turn just a trickle on for her and not add the tub stopper for awhile. Eventually, I plug up the tub and she'll take an actual Bath. This activity takes at least an hour...many days...1 1/2 hours.

What's my recipe for the paint?

I squirted some organic baby bubble bath in some clean yogurt cups, mixed in some cornmeal and added a few drops of food coloring. It takes about 5 minutes to set-up. Nothing original, but super easy and quick. I figured most of the paint would not be going in her mouth, so the food dye was okay.

Now, that the weather is getting warmer, I'm looking forward to introducing more Sensory Baths outside in her swimming pool! Growing a Jeweled Rose and Not-So-SAHM are both blogs that have numerous ideas for Sensory Baths. Looking forward to many hours spent outside!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...