Monday, April 29, 2013

Relay Foods




Simplicity. What's more simple than having your groceries delivered to your front door?

If you live in an area where you can find a Giant grocery store, you have probably heard of Peapod.  Peapod is a "Grocery Delivery Service" that drops off your order straight to your door. My family has used Peapod twice and have been very happy with the service.

But, what I am really excited about is another DC/Northern VA/Baltimore Grocery Delivery service called Relay Foods.

It's the same concept as Peapod but most of the products are LOCAL to MD, PA and VA.  You get the ease of Peapod combined with the knowledge that you are supporting local farmers while getting top-notch fresh food.

During my my seven years in Baltimore, I visited my Farmer's Market every week-end (Baltimore is so lucky to have a terrific year round Farmer's Market).

Now, I live in Northern Virginia and have a kid and it's not so easy.

With Relay Foods, you can either enter your zip code in to see if they do Home Delivery or you can pick-up your groceries once a week at a central location in your area. If you do Home Delivery you have the option to pay $20 for Unlimited Monthly Deliveries or $10 for each individual Delivery. The Unlimited Monthly Delivery is a terrific deal, especially if you are getting groceries at least once a week.

Relay Foods is also available in Charlottesville, VA and the Richmond/Williamsburg area.

I can't wait to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...