Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Simple List of Newborn Clothes Essentials

 
 

I am trying to simplify my life this go-around. We had WAY TOO MUCH baby clothes for my first child. It was stressful opening up the drawers and seeing all these clothes that she was never wearing (there was plenty of items that she only wore once and some things she NEVER ended up wearing).

Between me going crazy at year-sales (before I knew if I was going to have a boy or girl) and all of our generous friends and families there were lots of clothes I wasn't crazy about and I felt guilty each time I opened her clothes drawer. (Don't start me on the color pink).

This time I am simplifying things by only have out things that I really like.


 
 
 
 



Here is my list...


  • 5 sleepers (Nye-Nye was swaddled at night for the first 13 weeks, so she didn't even use her sleepers except for a handful of times, but I'm keeping these out in case this baby doesn't want to be swaddled)

  • 2 pairs of fleece booties (I am awful at keeping track of socks and don't like the struggle of keeping socks on babies and these booties make socks unnecessary...win/win)

  • 5 pairs of Babylegs (including  2 pairs specifically made for newborns)

  • 4 receiving blankets (don't ever buy them before a baby is born because people LOVE giving you blankets)

  • 2 blankets for the car-seat

  • 5 swaddling blankets (Miracle Blankets are just that....miracles for new parents...very easy to use with no velcro or snaps to wake up baby....LOVE THEM)

  • 4 onesies (personally, I am not a fan of onesies and those snaps, especially since we will be cloth diapering and have all these cute covers that I hate to hide)

  • 10 tops (I much prefer kimono shirts and T-shirts over onesies)

  • 2 sun-hats (Urban Baby Bonnets make the most adorable hats for babies)

  • 3 dresses

  • 2 sweaters

  • 1 pair of pants (not necessary for a late Spring/early Summer baby, but I could resist putting a butterfly patch on the knees of a pair, so the new baby will have 1 pair out)




There is our list. I am already exhaling in relief at not being over-whelmed by too much clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...