Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dye Your Own Playsilks




This may be one of the coolest Craft Ideas I've seen for children. It's cheap, it's easy and it encourages Open Ended Play. Kool-Aid, White Vinegar and boiling water...how hard is that?

Although, it does make me glad I never drank much Kool-Aid when I was a kid. Seriously, this is the best dye EVER.

I bought several plain white silk scarves from Dharma Trading Company. The cheapest was about $2 and the largest one was $8. I don't even want to think about how much the large one would have cost, if I bought it from a Waldorf site.

It took less than an hour to "dye the Playsilks" and was very easy. (The biggest issue was a whiny Toddler who wanted to stir the boiling water).

I am definitely looking forward to doing this again (especially for some Christmas Presents). I can't wait to experiment with more colors.

Nice tutorial here.

Wonderful photos with another tutorial here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...