Sunday, August 11, 2013

Soups to Freeze. My Mama's "Cold Zucchini Soup"



This recipe is from my Mama and can be found in my Family Cookbook. It's a perfect, easy Summer-time dish.

Peel Zucchinis - if large, take out seeds and pith from centers.

Barely cover with water and chopped onions.

Add bouillons or use Chicken Broth.

Cook until just tender.

Cool and put into a blender (at this point you can freeze and use later...if you have a glut of zucchini, you can fill your freezer with this Soup).

Season with pepper, garlic powder, salt (unless you used a bouillon), fresh dill, a dash of curry and sour cream (or plain yogurt).

Easy, right? Except make sure you COOK the zucchini first. That's the step I missed the very first time I made this Soup when I was 19 years old. Whoops.

This would be a nice soup to make, if you are currently Pregnant and trying to stock-pile your freezer. If you don't have a garden, you may know someone who does. They'll probably be willing to give you bags full of them.

You may also want to try Broiled Zucchini. Pure deliciousness and a very FAST meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...