Monday, July 29, 2013

Lemon Verbena and Cinnamon Infused Vodka









What's my latest Obsession? Making Infused Vodka.

My husband and I have varying ideas about Gift-giving. But, when I mentioned this idea, he jumped on it. It combines my interest in Herbs and his interest (and his friends' and family's) in alcohol. It's perfect.

(Thanks Elyse for the inspiration)!

We have several friend's Birthday Parties to go to over the next several weeks, so now is the perfect time to experiment. We have some brave Herbs growing in our Back-yard (despite our neglect). I read this post and got some ideas for some pairings based on what we had on hand.

Papa Bear and I both like the taste of the "Lemon Verbena and Cinnamon Infused Vodka" and plan on making some more. We kept the Cinnamon Sticks in for 3 days (3 sticks in a large Ball Jar). The top photo shows what it looked like on Day 1 and the last photo shows how much the color changed by Day 3.

We kept on small Ball Jar for ourselves and left the Lemon Verbena leaves inside it. I want to see, if it can balance out the Cinnamon flavor (which is good but strong). Next time, I think I'll just leave the Cinnamon Sticks in for only 2 days.

What is your favorite Infused Vodka flavor?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...