Thursday, July 4, 2013

Walking in the Rain

 
 
Over the last three years, I struggled with missing my beloved Baltimore. I still am not crazy about living in Northern Virginia, but I've accepted (mostly) that my husband's job is here. He has spent the last twenty-four years of his life in this area and won't live anywhere else. So, Northern Virginia it is...
 
I have to admit though...there are tons and tons of fun things to do here. One of my favorites is walking along the trails along the George Washington Parkway. For those who aren't familiar with the area the GW Parkway is the road from Washington D.C. to George Washington's Mount Vernon. We live about mile from GW Parkway.
 
When my husband got home on Tuesday, I was antsy to do something as a family, after dinner. So, we took a walk through the Dyke Marsh Wildlife Preserve. It sprinkled on and off. Then we got some ice cream in Old Town Alexandria. It was good way to spend a Summer evening. 
 
The last four photos are from a walk we took at the same place in February. Can you tell how cold it was that day?
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...