Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mirror + Tummy Time = Happy Baby


 

Every parent knows they are suppose to do Tummy Time. At least 30 minutes a day, right? Well, "what are you suppose to do, if your baby screams after a minute (or less) when placed on their tummy?"

My Pediatrician's advice? Just do it ten times a day. Ummm...sorry that's not going to happen when there is an active Toddler racing around the house.

I just had a Head-smacking Moment, on Monday. The baby LOVES looking in the mirror. Why not combine the two activities?

Sometimes it's amazing how long it takes to open your eyes to the simple solution that's been staring you straight in the face (sorry, couldn't resist).

I began "borrowing" Nye-Nye's mirror in the Living Room. I prop it right in front of where I change the baby on the floor. It's easier to remember to do Tummy Time, by making it a habit to do it right after I change her.

She can now last up to almost 10 minutes at a time. It's a HUGE improvement! Hats off to the simplest solutions!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...