I bought already peeled and chopped butternut squash from Trader Joe's, so that helped. The following recipe is from Slow Cooker Magic in Minutes...Enjoy!!!
- 3 packages (12 oz) frozen cooked winter squash (I used one bag of fresh uncooked squash from Trader Joe's)
- 2 cans (15 oz each) chicken broth (I made my own vegetable broth)
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
2. Puree soup in blender, food processor or with electric mixer. (I used a blender after the soup was cool and added the cream in before blending). Stir in cream just before eating.
Nothing like soup on a brisk Winter day!!!