Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Survived. We Survived.

This exact time last year, I was undergoing the most intense physical test of my life. My labor finally started around eleven pm on the 20th (after four days of strong encouragement...including two nights of caster oil, having my membranes stripped twice and my midwife attempting to break my waters three times).

Fourteen days after my due date, my daughter was born at home at 6:55 pm on March 21st, 2011.

Mother Nature is a very, very smart Lady because I can no longer remember the exact sensation of laboring without any drugs. All I know is that I was truly, truly tested.

These past 12 months have also been a test. I've wanted to put down the pencil and walk out of class more times than I can count. I knew it was going to be hard. I just didn't know it was going to be THIS hard.

I've been elbowed in the eye, kicked in the stomach, kneed in the nose, bit, slapped, pinched, head-butted and I am still standing.

I am still here.

I Survived.

We Survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...